Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Packing up the car

So before I can dive (or should I say "drive"? Haha Lame, I know) into posts about what is currently going on, I need to catch you up on how we got to this point.

Once Michael and I got married on September 10th, 2011 (best day of my life), we moved to San Diego and settled into our new life together. Just like most newlyweds we decided to pull the goalie and if we were blessed with a baby that would be great, but if it didn't happen it wasn't going to be a big deal. We were both busy with work and exploring our new surroundings. We consistently tried for the first year of our marriage, but didn't think much of it since I had been in and out of port all year and we were just having fun and seeing how things go. But I do have to admit that by Christmas of 2012 I was getting curious as to why things weren't working themselves out.

I was set to deploy in April of 2013, so I decided to get a check up and see what our steps would be once I returned back home just in case something was wrong. I was told that in order to get a referral to a fertility specialist we would have to be actively trying consistently for 1 year. When I got back from deployment I made sure to make an appointment to start the clock. It was baby time! Michael and I were all gung ho to start a family.

One full year went by full of ovulation tests, over thinking every cramp/headache/backache, watching others get their baby and then their 2nd baby and some even their 3rd baby and getting really concerned as to what was going on. I returned to my doctor for the help we needed and she gave me the referral for Michael and I to see a specialist.

We reached our first pit stop. Infertility appointment #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment