So our first appointment was finally here and it went as smooth as it could go. It was full of medical history and lab work for the both of us. I was then scheduled for an HSG, which is an xray that is taken while dye is injected into the fallopian tubes. This image will let the doctor know if there are any blockages that would be preventing us from getting pregnant.
I won't go into all the gory details, but it was the worst medical test I have ever experienced. I just kept reminding myself why I was doing it.
So, I have to say that prayer and good juju works because everyone's thoughts and prayers and good vibes being sent into the universe totally came back to us. We have been told by my doctors that we are healthy at this point and that there is no reason we can't go ahead with an IUI (intrauterine insemination). My biggest worry was that something would be wrong. It is frustrating that there isn't a reason we haven't gotten pregnant yet, but I was just so glad that we could keep moving forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment